“Excrement! That’s what I think of Mr. J. Evans Pritchard! We’re not laying pipe! We’re talking about poetry.
This was English professor John Keating’s (Dead Poets Society) response to J. Evans Pritchard, according to whom the quality of a poem can be accurately measured by first becoming “fluent with rhyme and meter” and then determining a poem’s greatness by answering two questions: “One. How artfully has the objective of the poem been rendered? Two. How important is that objective?”
If you don’t remember the scene, watch it here.
- Poetry is Music (writeincolour.wordpress.com)
- Poetry: The one that got away (lavieenroute.com)
- North Knox woman writes poetry about five generations (knoxnews.com)
- “Celebrate Wha” Launch/ Freedom , Bring & Share, Library Theatre, Birmingham (garylongden.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Challenge The Arnolfini Marriage (bookstains.wordpress.com)
Content Curator Tom George
Head of Inbound Advertising North America at Internet Billboards. Pioneering inbound advertising as well as an avid content curator who enjoys finding those digital gems out there in cyberspace and sharing them with others.