Via Scoop.it – Content Curation, Social Media and Beyond
This sounds like it could be very successful……..I do agree with Alyson Shontell who wrote this piece for Business Insider, not sure if people will go for the $7.00 subscription fee, time will tell….. Excerpt:
“When you need to send your family pictures, what do you do? You can send them as email attachments, but how will your parents put them on the fridge? You can create copies at CVS , but then you have to ship them and the… What is most interesting about Picplum is its inherent ability to curate photos.
On Facebook and other photo sharing sites, people upload all of the items on their cameras. Eventually, they’ll need a way to separate the good pictures from the bad.
“While watching a few people use the older version of this product and [upload photos], Picplum ended up being their set of best photos. We find that could be an amazing opportunity. ” cofounder Paul Stamatiou tells us. We think he’s right. Just like content curation has become important for sifting through news on the web, photo curation could be an important way for people to organize their favorite memories. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2011/08/12/businessinsider-picplum-a-y-combinator-photo-sharing-startup
- Y Combinator Startup Picplum Is Launching This Afternoon With A Brilliantly Simple Concept (businessinsider.com)
- New Curation Apps Subjot: A Twitter alternative that lets you curate content (internetbillboards.net)
- CurationSoft: Drag and Drop Curation Blogging (internetbillboards.net)
I have applied a keen eye for blending cultural trends, the right people and emergent industries to create dynamic new businesses in cable TV, internet and currently mobile media and marketing services for local and national companies.
I was an associate publisher for three startup magazines in New York. I helped brand and position these magazines in the marketplace through promotions at trade shows, advertising and special events
Latest posts by janlgordon (see all)
- The NYT launches a Twitter feed for live coverage of breaking news - August 27, 2011
- Congratulations! Christopher S. Penn You Just Got Put On Internet Billboards - August 27, 2011
- Flipboard, Personalized Online Magazine, Pursues TV & Films - August 27, 2011