Via Scoop.it – Content Curation, Social Media and Beyond
This is an interesting comparison and I think it’s a good start……. search and curation continue to evolve and there’s lots more to this story, stay tuned……….. Intro:
Curation platforms vs Search engines Nowadays, search engines like Google are essential tools for every Internet work. But are they the best place to search anything? We believe that a manual…
Search engines present a list of content, ranked by a relative relevance between the results. Curation platforms like Bundlr present themed groups of content, usually ranked by popularity, but always highlighting the author of the selection.
Search engines work better when: We’re looking for definite answers The source long term authority matters The quantity of results is important.
Curation platforms work better when: Events are recent or on-going (and traditional sources are slow to catch up) There are multiple points of view Concrete example are prefered to definitions.
- The Value of Curation (and Why Companies Should Care) (internetbillboards.net)
- What Do Social Media Curation and Curling Have in Common? (internetbillboards.net)
- Robert Scoble Interviews Scoop.it ‘s CEO: Reinventing Content Curation And Social Media (internetbillboards.net)
- Use content curation to keep your team on the same page with curation platform Scoop.it (internetbillboards.net)
I have applied a keen eye for blending cultural trends, the right people and emergent industries to create dynamic new businesses in cable TV, internet and currently mobile media and marketing services for local and national companies.
I was an associate publisher for three startup magazines in New York. I helped brand and position these magazines in the marketplace through promotions at trade shows, advertising and special events
Latest posts by janlgordon (see all)
- The NYT launches a Twitter feed for live coverage of breaking news - August 27, 2011
- Congratulations! Christopher S. Penn You Just Got Put On Internet Billboards - August 27, 2011
- Flipboard, Personalized Online Magazine, Pursues TV & Films - August 27, 2011