Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
The acronym “YASNS” is well-known in web geek circles. It stands for Yet Another Social Networking Service. In 2011, perhaps the acronym should be “YAUSNS”: Yet Another Useless Social Networking Service.
Even large, otherwise successful tech companies aren’t immune to YAUSNS. In September last year, Apple launched a music social network called Ping.
It’s basically ‘Twitter for music,’ however it’s been a fizzer – despite being imbedded right into iTunes. Another company at risk of what I’ll now call The Ping Effect is Amazon, which released Kindle Profiles in March of this year.
It’s a social network for reading, but so far it hasn’t set the world on fire. A commenter on my Google Plus profile called it “The Ping of Books.”
- Amazon quietly rolls out Kindle social network (internetbillboards.net)
- 5 Hot Social Networking Sites (internetbillboards.net)
- Google+ Could Have More Users Than Twitter & LinkedIn in a Year (internetbillboards.net)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016