Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
The Drum, A spate of riots and looting in the capital is being partially attributed to the prevalence of smartphone technology and social media usage amongst London’s teen gangs according to the Telegraph.
The paper reports that gang members have been posting live updates of their criminal activity on Twitter, including posting “trophy” pictures of themselves looting stores and standing in front of burning cars.
It is thought the violence is being orchestrated by Blackberry wielding youths, taking advantage of the systems free, and private, messages with gang members in “group chat” sessions.
- How Blackberry, Not Twitter, Fuelled The Fire Under London’s Riots (techcrunch.com)
- London riots: Theresa May to meet police chiefs – BBC News (news.google.com)
- Theresa May flies home after fresh riots (independent.co.uk)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016