A picture is worth a thousand words we have all heard that before. I know it’s true, how many times have you looked at a good photograph and thought wow this is amazing. I can’t tell you how many times I have looked at a great photo, on Facebook, in a magazine, or even just in a friends phone and said that is cool.
This is why I chose to curate…
Photographs as compelling content marketing
It’s an article written by David Meerman Scott and if you are not familiar with his work, just look at the bio taken from webinknow.com his site. This is impressive and it’s not all of it.
David Meerman Scott is a marketing strategist, keynote speaker, seminar leader, and the author of seven books published in more than 30 languages.
David’s book The New Rules of Marketing & PR opened people’s eyes to the new realities of marketing and public relations on the Web. Six months on the BusinessWeek bestseller list and published in more than 25 languages from Bulgarian to Vietnamese, New Rules is now a modern business classic.
Did I tell you this was impressive.
Anyway so here is David’s argument if you will on how and why to use photos in your content marketing. I concur as this makes perfect sense to me.
You can follow along with David on Twitter @dmscott
Here is the curated article, you must use the image to finish reading it though OK, and to do that just use the big image.
As content marketing becomes more and more popular these days with books like Content Rules and conferences like Content Marketing World, I’m not hearing much about the incredible value of photographs as a form of marketing.
A well-shot photo works great as a way to communicate.
For example, consider Zürsun Idaho Heirloom Beans, the original U.S. company to offer authentic heirloom beans and unusual legumes worldwide.
The photos of the beans are remarkable.
“The glorious true-to-size pictures, carefully taken in natural light, have done more to promote the beans than any words possibly could,” says Allison Boomer, founder, Eco-Conscious Food Marketing. Boomer worked on the content of the site and created the
- Kill these 10 Words from your Copy to Improve Marketing Performance (customerthink.com)
- Vocus Webinar with David Meerman Scott: Real-Time Marketing and PR (prweb.com)
- Are You Ready For The Next Social Media Marketing Boot Camp? (socialtimes.com)
- WebmasterRadio.FM Lands Exclusive Interviews with SES New York Keynote Presenters David Meerman Scott and Avinash Kaushik (prweb.com)
- David Meerman Scott, Marketing Strategist and Author, to Be Interviewed in SES Webcast on February 16 (prweb.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016