Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
Perhaps the lesson is: be careful what you sue for. The French and German-language Belgian newspaper consortium that successfully sued Google for copyright infringement got more than it bargained for this week.
The newspapers’ content has been removed not only from Google News (as desired) but the entire Google index. Now the newspapers are crying foul, saying that Google is “retaliating” against them for their legal victory.
- Belgian Newspapers Delisted On Google (tech.slashdot.org)
- Belgian newspaper: Google blocking us on searches (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Belgian newspapers: Google blocking us on searches (usatoday.com)
- Belgian newspapers: Google blocking us on searches (sfgate.com)
- Google Allegedly Blocks Certain Newspapers (huffingtonpost.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016