Businesses looking to take advantage of customers using Foursquare to check in to their locations can sign up for a merchant account. Once they do so, they can offer specials, update venue information and gain useful insights on check-in data, such as popular days and times. Best of all, it’s free.
Foursquare spotlights several specials that are currently running, including one from Radisson Hotels that allows guests to check out 2 hours later than normal. Also, McDonald’s is offering a free beverage with the purchase of a meal to people who check in with Foursquare.
- Over 500,000 businesses are on foursquare! That’s a lot of Specials! (foursquare.com)
- Radisson Edwardian Hotels Use Foursquare and Facebook For Late Checkouts (blogherald.com)
- Foursquare for Android updated with notification tray (intomobile.com)
- Foursquare Reaches 10 Million User Milestone (shoppingblog.com)
- 10 Million Foursquare uses in 3 years! (vodafone.com.au)