As the weather warms, Parisians and Americans in Paris naturally find themselves drawn to the water. The Seine River that bisects Paris into the Left and Right Banks provides a cool and breezy spot to enjoy the beauty of the city in full summer. Take time to enjoy the river that has inspired countless artists and is the lifeblood of Paris.
Visitors to Paris are in for a treat with the traditional Bateaux Mouches river tour, and summer is a wonderful time to glide along the river on a flat-bottomed boat. Though there is some controversy over how these “fly boats” got their name, everyone agrees that they are a delightful way to see the sights of the City of Light. Each boat company has different embarkation points, but you can expect to travel past the Eiffel Tower, Les Invalides, the Musee d’Orsay, the Louvre, Notre Dame, and the Hotel de Ville, not to mention many of the 35 gorgeous bridges spanning the Seine. With the wind playing with your hair, the sun glittering on the surface of the water, and some of the world’s most beautiful buildings and monuments drifting by on the shore, your Bateau Mouche river tour will be a treasured memory of your trip to Paris.
Content curated use the image below to finish the article and view the original source.
- The Louvre Museum, a must see attraction in Paris (internetbillboards.net)
- Cool Idea: Le Petit Paris (casasugar.com)
- Paris day 3 – cramming it all in – Paris, France (travelpod.com)
- Bonjour Paris (beingpeterkim.com)
- Paris – Day 6 – The Louvre – Paris, France (travelpod.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016