Via Scoop.it – Social Media Content Curation
GOOGLE “information overload” and you are immediately overloaded with information: more than 7m hits in 0.05 seconds. Some of this information is interesting: for example, that the phrase “information overload” was popularised by Alvin Toffler in 1970. Some of it is mere noise: obscure companies promoting their services and even more obscure bloggers sounding off. The overall impression is at once overwhelming and confusing.
“Information overload” is one of the biggest irritations in modern life. There are e-mails to answer, virtual friends to pester, YouTube videos to watch and, back in the physical world, meetings to attend, papers to shuffle and spouses to appease. A survey by Reuters once found that two-thirds of managers believe that……..
[read full article http://j.mp/mRoM8t]
- Are You Suffering From Information Overload? (cyberesq.wordpress.com)
- It’s not Information Overload… (jer979.blogspot.com)
- In the news: Information overload (bindingobsession.com)
- Finding Meaningful Data in an Era of Information Overload (socialtimes.com)
- are we too connected? (nakeene.wordpress.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016