Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
The next phase of growth for local deals will be mobile. Groupon knows this, and so does Yelp, which today is rolling out Yelp Deals to its iPhone and Android apps. An update to its mobile apps that is getting pushed out today will add a new deals icon to the app. When you click on it you can see a list of nearby Yelp Deals for discounts at restaurants, spas, and other businesses. (These are in addition to Yelp Special Offers and Check-In Offers, which already appear on mobile).
Yelp started offering daily deals at local merchants about a year ago, and it now has deals in over a dozen metro areas, including San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boston, LA, Phoenix, Seattle, and San Diego. You have to sign up for these deals currently and you get an email when there are new deals, just like with Groupon or LivingSocial.
- Yelp App Updated To Add New Groupon Now! Style “Deals” Feature (androidpolice.com)
- Bizzy app bolsters mini-reviews to take on Yelp (intomobile.com)
- Facebook Deals Tips: 11 Things You Need To Know (internetbillboards.net)
- The indelible tramp stamp of Groupon (coverboom.com)
- Google Places Now Borrowing Yelp Reviews Without Attribution In iPhone App (techcrunch.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016