“To get my first major out of the way quite early on in my career, especially after what’s happened the last couple of months, feels great,” he said.
“Now, I’m looking forward to putting myself in the picture for many more.”
The new world number four produced rounds of 65, 66, 68 and 69 for a tournament record, 16-under-par total of 268, four better than the previous mark.
McIlroy’s victory made him the second youngest European major winner of all time – and the youngest since 1872
Curated content use the image to view the original source.
- Rory McIlroy Tipped For Golfing Riches (news.sky.com)
- Rory McIlroy Wins US Open, Sets Scoring Record (inquisitr.com)
- Rory McIlroy Wins US Open Championship (news.sky.com)
- Bounce-back-ability Rory McIlroy Style! (MyPerfectCareer.tv)
- A Rory Story: McIlroy’s Mental Game Wins the U.S. Open (newsfeed.time.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016