Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
Amazon yesterday clamped down on a very clever marketing technique that got a book to the top of the UK Kindle lists. The book is Catch Your Death by Louise Voss and Mark Edwards, a writing due who have pulled every trick in the book to get their book into the Kindle bestseller list. Mark has a great blog at http://indieiq.com/ where he details his struggle to get his work noticed among the hundreds of thousand of eBooks.
Their smartest move was to actually title their work Catch Your Death (For fans of Dan Brown & Stieg Larsson). It was a brilliant thing to do, a technique that is often used by the big publishers. Hodder and Stoughton did a similar thing to promote my Spider Shepherd thriller Hot Blood. They put a sticker on it which said “Better Than McNab Or Your Money Back” and later went on to use a slogan which said “If You Love McNab, You’ll Love Leather”.
- Amazon to Lower Kindle to Under $100 by Christmas? (techland.time.com)
- Kindle to make $1 out of every $10 Amazon brings in (gigaom.com)
- Today’s FREE eBooks for Download (June 10) (randomizeme.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine on the Amazon (personanondata.blogspot.com)
- My Kindle’s Screen is Broken! But Amazon is Replacing It – For Free (eddieoneverything.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016