Everybody has faith. They use it all the time. When you start up your car in the morning you are putting faith in the fact that when you turn the key, the engine will start. If you are like me, you have no clue how everything works in a car to make it start, you just turn the key and expect it to start. That is an act of faith since you do not have the knowledge of why it works, you just know it does.
Even the athiest exersices faith. They have faith in their intellect that what they believe, (that God does not exist), is correct even though they know that humans only use 10% of their brain. They exercise faith that with their limited knowledge, they are correct.
What we put our faith in is extremely important because faith is a force. If you believe something is going to happen, you will be motivated to work towards seeing that it will happen. Why do positive people always seem to have good things happen to them? It is because they believe that it will happen for them. And the same for negative people. They are exercising their faith that negative things will happen.
So you can see why what you are putting your faith in is so important.
Now people put their faith in many things. Here are just a few!
1.) They put their faith in themselves. Although it is good to have a healthy self image, to trust in your limited ability and limited understanding does not give faith the full force that it could have. Trusting in just yourself is a very lonely existence. Plus, you know yourself better than anyone else. Can you honestly say you have never failed?
2.) They put their faith in others. Now again, it is good to have healthy trusting relationships. There is nothing wrong with that, but again it limits the potential that faith has. People, just like yourself fail. They are limited in their abilities and understanding. People can and will let you down. So putting your faith in people is finite. It only has a certain level of potential that it can achieve.
3. They put their faith in material objects. Whether it be money, homes, property, cars, ect. They put their faith in inanimate objects. Look at our current problems in our country. The dollar is failing, the housing market is in shambles and peoples lives were destroyed because they put their faith in banks, jobs, and other things of this world. Faith in these things is a sure way to get caught off guard and suffer failure. They are not stable nor do they stay the same. They are fickle objects of faith.
So what do you put your faith in? In my blog, Taber’s Truths, I have an article called “In Christ Alone” In this article I show how putting your trust in a God that is bigger than you, smarter than you, sees more than you, and never changes is the way to start a life using faith to it’s highest potential. Aren’t you tired of putting your faith in the wrong things? I know I wasted a lot of time doing that in my life. So join me in doing what Jesus recommended. He said “Have faith in God. I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.”
Now that is something to think about!
Pastor Duke is the Author of the up and coming premier Christian blog called Taber’s Truths. He has over 90 articles that will encourage you spiritually and emotionally. He has over 500 people that daily visit his blog just to read the latest article and use his writings as a source of strength for their daily lives.
My Top Ten Bible Verses on Hope. are a couple of the articles that you will enjoy as you learn how to put your faith in God.
- Have Faith In God – Mark 11:22 (christianbusinessdreamer.wordpress.com)
- Are You Running Out of Faith? by Tamara Cunningham (babylonsis.wordpress.com)
- Small Things, Great Impact – Faithfulness (9) (ptl2010.wordpress.com)
- Faith Is Not Serving Yourself (sjcohen3037.wordpress.com)
- Romans 14:13-23 – Final Outline “Liberty, Love & Faith” (jeremysells.wordpress.com)
Latest posts by duketaber (see all)
- How to get your Christian Blog to rank in the Technorati Top one hundred in three months - July 7, 2011
- Christian Dream Interpretation - July 6, 2011
- Finding Strength in the Bible - June 22, 2011