Via Scoop.it – internetbillboards
A discussion on curation. What is it, and why is it important? The late-nineties analogy of “surfing the Internet” no longer works. The explosion in digital content makes the experience less of a breezy ride on a wave of crafted material, and more of an attempt to cut through a leafy jungle with a blunt scythe. And blindfolded.
As a result, filtering has become more and more important as a way to establish quality and relevance to a personal experience of consuming digital content. The concept that underpins this, is curation – a hand-picked selection of material.
Why is curation now so important? Why has it become so interesting, so quickly, and what can be done to ensure that with curation comes quality? We asked three digital content leaders for their thoughts.
- Bag The Web Nice Curators Tool And The Art of The Start (internetbillboards.net)
- 9 Content Curation Tools That Better Organise The Web (internetbillboards.net)
- Cooperation Context Community The new Three C’s for Charming the Web (internetbillboards.net)
- Pearltrees Keeps Getting Better Curation – Curation The Third Web Frontier (internetbillboards.net)
- 20 Selected Micro Blogging Sites to Promote Your Business (internetbillboards.net)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016