It’s one thing for hotel marketers to show a hotel at its best. It’s quite another to make it look far better than it actually is.
Oyster has collected a new set of egregious examples.
These 18 marketing images were pitted against photos of the real thing to show you how hotels mislead travelers through clever staging, cropping and Photoshopping.
Real Photos. Expert Reviews. Book Your Perfect Hotel!
Oyster’s hotel experts visit, photograph and rate each hotel. We do the work and find the truth so you don’t have to.
- Hotel Reviews Site Oyster’s New Backer: The Travel Channel (paidcontent.org)
- Oyster.com Scores $7.5 Million from The Travel Channel (xconomy.com)
- Before You Book, Beware the Hotel Photo (abcnews.go.com)
- 10 Best Hotel Pools Around The World (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Missing on the Merlion Hotel… (ctzan.wordpress.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016