Here is a guest article by Partice Lamothe – CEO of Pearltrees (Pearltrees is a consulting client of SVW.) This is a lightly edited version of “La troisième frontière du Web” that appeared in the magazine OWNI – Digital Journalism – March 2010. The article argues that the founding pricinciples of the Internet are only now being implemented and that the next frontier is in organizing, or curating, the Internet.
Everyone realizes that the web is entering a new phase in its development.
One indication of this transition is the proliferation of attempts to explain the changes that are occurring. Functional explanations emphasize the real time web, collaborative systems and location-based services. Technical explanations argue that the interconnectivity of data is the most significant current development. They consider the web’s new frontiers to be closely related to the semantic web or the “web of things”.
Content curated from the web, use the images below to view the source.
- 6 Reasons to Use Pearltrees (pearltrees.com)
- Social curation finds an audience: Pearltrees reaches 10M pageviews (venturebeat.com)
- Bag The Web Nice Curators Tool And The Art of The Start (internetbillboards.net)
- Are Content Curators the power behind social media influence? (internetbillboards.net)
- Yokto Get Ready Video Curation Is Here (internetbillboards.net)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016