Walmart this morning said it is buying Mountain View-based Kosmix, a heavily funded social media technology provider that has built a platform that enables users to filter and organize content in social networks, in order to connect people with information that matters to them, in realtime.
So what is the retailing juggernaut doing picking up a social media startup, which has raised $55 million in funding from a slew of investors over the past few years?
Content curated use the image to view the original source.
- Walmart Announces Acquisition of Social Media Company Kosmix (benzinga.com)
- Wal-Mart acquires social media website Kosmix (marketwatch.com)
- Walmart To Buy Social Media Firm Kosmix (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wal-Mart Buys Kosmix, Looks to Social Commerce Future (clickz.com)
- Can Wal-Mart Drive More Sales With Kosmix Acquisition? (WMT, AMZN) (247wallst.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016