Flipboard took a relatively simple idea (that no one else had already executed on) and built a great free iPad app around it. It takes the links of people you follow in Twitter and Facebook and builds a magazine-looking content around it that is tuned to your interest. It can also bring in RSS feeds from targetted sources (blogs, etc.). Other similar self-curated iPad and Android apps showed up shortly afterwards. So, what is this idea worth? According to All Things Digital, Flipboard received $50 million in funding last month based on a valuation of $200 million.
Curated content by an Internet Billboards media curator use the image to view the original source.
- Holy Crap, Flipboard Just Raised $50 Million At A $200 Million Valuation (businessinsider.com)
- Exclusive: Flipboard Confirms $50 Million Funding at $200 Million Valuation (kara.allthingsd.com)
- Oprah OWNs Prime Flipboard Real Estate In Newest Update (paidcontent.org)
- WCN Transmedia News: Flipboard Gets Oprah (wcntransmedia.wordpress.com)
- Flipboard Raises $50 Million Round, $200 Million Valuation (paidcontent.org)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016