Free is the new marketing business model of this day and age. If you are still posting signs around town or around your gym that don’t emphasize an incentive for the reader to get in contact with you, you are behind the times. In this day and age a business needs what is known as a hook. A hook is a marketing tool that will attract people to you and your business. Now I know many of you people who are reading this right now are going bananas with the assumption that giving away some aspect of your business for free is going to devalue your services. Actually, nothing could be further from the truth. People can not put a value on a service that they will never have used in the first place hence a service that is not used has a value of zero.
When I first began personal training back in 2000 all of the trainers at my gym were taught (by someone who had no qualifications to be teaching us how to run a PT business) that if we gave away a free personal training session that people would not value our service and therefore nobody could justify paying us to train them. I had just been starting out my business and I of course listened to this “brainiac mentor” and I spent a lot of time walking around doing nothing but shooting the breeze with people and picking up weights. This was great for building some relationships with members but the people that I was building relationships with only saw me as a guy to BS with, they didn’t see me as a personal trainer because I was never training anyone. One girl I remember actually thought I was one of the janitors because I was never training people and I was frequently cleaning.
Curated article use the image to view the original source.
- My great big Kilimanjaro challenge (blogs.confused.com)
- It’s All Just an Excuse to Watch “Flavor of Love”: (brothersjuddblog.com)
- Interest in fitness becomes career for Newton gym owner (kansas.com)
- Courage doesn’t always roar – I’m still asking, Fitness Formula Clubs (chicagonow.com)
- 5 Cheap Alternatives to Hiring a Personal Trainer (health.usnews.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016