Purple was the color of the day on March 13th at “Cupcakes with Buddy”, a charity event where cake-designer Buddy Valastro of Carlo’s Bake Shop, (a.k.a. “The Cake Boss”) teamed up with The Anita Kaufmann Foundation (AKF) to support epilepsy awareness and upcoming “Purple Day” on March 26th (more to come on that).
Purple, the international color for epilepsy, affects over 3 million Americans, with 1 out of 10 people experiencing a seizure in their lifetime. Since 2006, Debra Josephs and the Foundation have educated over 30,000 children in the tri-state area about epilepsy and seizures through its fifth grade “Thinking about Epilepsy” program.
Curated content use the image below to view the original source.
- “Cake Boss” Buddy Valastro, A Daddy Times Four (popcrunch.com)
- TV ‘Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro answers six money questions (usatoday.com)
- “Cake Boss” Star Remy Gonzalez Arrested On Child Sex Charges (popcrunch.com)
- Seizures and Other Epilepsy Symptoms (everydayhealth.com)
- Preventing Epilepsy Seizures (everydayhealth.com)
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016