Reto Meier is an author, futurist and self-described “Android Developer Advocate for Google.” He’s also our favorite person right now, as he’s outlined a step-by-step, awesome vision that forecasts what the future looks like five, 10 and even 20 years from now.
Meier is operating under the premise that “at the current rate, nearly anything is possible in 20 years.” That doesn’t mean that he flies off the handle in whatever direction he pleases, though. The progression is gradual. Check it out.
In one year:
- High res screens, tablet devices, and HD output from mobiles.
- Wireless keyboards, voice input, and gestures.
- Lighter, thinner devices that last longer.
- 3G/4G and WiFi covers most of industrial world. Every mobile device comes with an unlimited (or high-cap) data plan. Mobiles start interacting with other consumer electronics and cars.
Thoughts: This is pretty much where we’re at right now. The difference is, not all of these things — such as the gesture control and phones interacting with other consumer electronics (they’re making headway with cars) — are the standard. In a year, they could be. Meier is talking about how we could one day “control our devices using our minds,” which is research that’s already underway.
This content was curated for you by a content curator on Internet Billboards, to finish the article go to the source by using the image below.
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016