Hi Tom George here, I am the founder and CEO of Internet Billboards, a vibrant company, (in my humble opinion), and a company still in its infancy stages. I would like to thank all of our supporters and fans, we appreciate your interest in our company and are here to serve you. Right now is the time for change. You can change your life and improve the quality of your relationships, both business and personal. Right now is an excellent time to rise to the challenge and prosper in 2011 and grow your business. What you need is to get a complete picture put together and develop an action plan for success. That is what I am here and dedicated to help you do. Without an action plan, they are just dreams. More importantly without an action plan they are dreams without the possibility of becoming a reality. Let’s change that.
There are always elements to anything of substance, either an organic substance or an intellectual subject, what one must do is break down those individual elements and delve deeper, to begin to understand the traits and characteristics of each component, it’s real nature. What does it do? If you understand this and apply some some tests, you can start to tell with a higher degree of certainty the way it will perform.
I believe there are five elements to the future of Internet marketing, sure a company can be successful with a few, but with these 5 elements I believe an orginazation or company will enjoy enormous success branding on the Internet as long as their core tenets and principals are sound and they offer a high quality product or service. Well without further delay here they are.
1. Content – Content is still king and the more the better. Do you have a static html website? The trouble with having a static brochure type site is twofold, first their is no content being uploaded on a regular basis for search, and second you have nothing to share with social media.
I suggest you get a blog on your site and next develop a content strategy. What is the primary vertical or niche, or more importantly how can I develop a community and help people solve some real problems. Who is your potential audience and what are you trying to say, get a voice and create your message. If you do these steps well, your content marketing will work great and so will your content distribution. It goes without saying if your industry is not talking about you then you need to be talking about your industry.
2. Inbound Advertising – I do believe I coined the term inbound advertising, it is the art of attracting new clients and customers to your products and services like a magnet when they are looking for them. Do you know nowadays a prospective new client or customer is much further along in the decision making and buying process before they ever even contact you. The ability, to check, verify and research is tremendous these days, not to mention the social aspect. People trust what their friends and neighbors say today more now then they do corporate types of advertising. They use this information from friends and trusted sources to make choices on what to read, listen to, watch, download, buy etc. etc. The mass amount of noise is overwhelming many and the information overload is to much, so people fast forward through commercials, they block calls, and just consider regular traditional types of advertising intrusive, and it will get worse, or better depending on your reputation.
3. Mobile Media- More people now have cell phones then computers, something like 5 billion, and smart phones are selling like hotcakes. The tablet market is heating up and now you take that into account with location based services and wham, you have location based inbound advertising. You will also have people connected to the Internet virtually all of the time, who hopefully have complete control over how much or how little information they know about you. For example perhaps based on your profile they have of you and this is just a hypothetical example, say Best Buy knows you are in the area, and because of your history they absolutely know you would probably be interested in an item, well then they would simply shoot that advertisement or communication to your phone, tablet or other device. Another example I like is say you are travelling and in New York, based on your history you get offers from a hotel, a restaurant you may like, or a sale going on at your favorite trendy New York Boutique. With this technology life could get much easier or at least making decisions will.
4. Networking – Networking has been a staple of business accumen and success for decades, except now you have more ways then ever to do it, with many different types of groups and meetings available everywhere. Companies like Meetups.com and others are providing networking opportunites everywhere. I would suggest you grow your contacts by networking, you never know how someone down the road might be able to assist you. I also suggest you network with other websites and share and exchange links and information. Even something as simple as posting a comment and interacting with a website is networking. I say if you don’t know at least 500 people that know, like and trust you, then you are not networking. Get out of your comfort zone and meet some people.
5. Social Media – Without a doubt social media is the single biggest game changer business has ever seen and may ever see in the foreseeable future. I told a new friend the other day, why in my opinion Facebook is so enourmouly successful. The answer. Because it is a popularity contest, one big popularity contest, like the worlds biggest popularity site, and let’s face it, who doesn’t want to be popular. The single biggest factor that drives social is emotion. Good bad, or indifferent that is what it is, and the ability to compare. Reputation is key and seriously you should start to adapt the behavior like the world is watching you, because well they are, so act accordingly.
I hope you enjoyed my post and would love to get some feedback!
Did I miss anything? Would you like to elaborate or comment on any of the 5 elements?
Latest posts by Tom George (see all)
- New Digital Trends In Today’s Smartphone-Obsessed World - September 6, 2016
- 5 Things a Recruiter Looks for in a Resume - August 30, 2016
- Obtaining Legal Immunity for Pet Cohabitation - August 30, 2016